Thursday Cubs hit the Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre for some tobogganing and sno-tubing: great fun for cubs and leaders. Brilliant way to end the term!
Category: Thursday Cubs
Posted on March 13th, 2016 by Jeremy
Would you like to get involved with the decisions that make your child’s Scout Group run? Do you have skills from work that you could bring to our Group? Then becoming a Group Exec Parent Rep maybe the role for you!
Group Executive Committee meets around 4 to 6 times a year and is made up of a Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Section Leaders, Fundraising Committee rep and Section parent reps. The committee is an integral part of our Group and extends support to the Group Scout Leader in meeting the responsibilities of their appointment and that of the Charity Commission. The committee is responsible for:
- The maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment
- The raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance
- The insurance of person, property and equipment
- Assisting with the recruitment of leaders and other adult support
- Organising social events
Being a parent rep you would:
- Play an important part in helping the committee provide good scouting for our young people
- Be the voice of your Section parents at executive meetings
- Offer opinions and advice on topics that affect the Group
- Help the Group develop as it grows
We currently have parent rep vacancies for Tuesday Beavers, Thursday Cubs and Friday Scouts. If you’re interest and can help, why not apply for the post? It looks great on the CV too!