Our Beaver Scouts meet on a Tuesday evening between 6 and 7 pm, and take part in many different activities such as craft, games and learning new skills.
Our Beaver leader is Rikki and he is assisted by Maria and Martyn.
Beaver Scouts are young people who join at six years old and stay in the Beaver Colony until they are 8 years old. They belong to the first and youngest Section in the Scouting family. Young people can join Beaver Scouts in the three months leading up to and including their sixth birthday. They then move onto the next Section, Cub Scouts, between typically when they are eight years old.
What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys. As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time.
Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community